The Finest Fly Fishing
Enjoy the great sport of fly fishing combined with a rugged, beautiful and scenic experience at Cowpe Reservoir (open all year round).
An exclusive 16.5 acre trout water with spectacular views over the surrounding landscape offers fly fishing of the highest order.
Fed by three clear moorland streams, the water is crystal clear drinking quality. Our reservoir is regularly stocked with hard-fighting Rainbows plus incredible Blue Trout, and of course our wild Brownies, all in the 1 to 7lb range.
If you're looking to get away from it all for a couple of hours ,or even a day, then wet a line at Cowpe. We promise you will not be disappointed.
Membership is limited but places are available.
For the sustainability of our fish stock, the convenience of other anglers, and above all the safety of all, we ask that all anglers adhere to the following rules:
- Barb-less fly fishing only. The use of bubble floats is prohibited.
- Bag limit: Three fish in any day, six fish in any Week (7 Days).
- A landing net must be used to bring any fish ashore.
- Fishing is allowed between the overflow and the tower only when this can be accessed along the dam, below the tower, i.e. NOT by climbing over the wall.
- Night fishing is prohibited.
- A catch return is to be filled in after each visit.
- All anglers must produce their membership card and trout licence on request.
- All anglers must permit a barb inspection of the fly / flies on their leader on request.
- All anglers must permit inspection of their catch on request.
- Anglers must not discard litter or lengths of fishing line. It is the responsibility of all anglers to dispose of any such items as they may find in the vicinity of the reservoir.
- All club members have bailiff responsibilities and are required to challenge anyone of whom they are suspicious, seeking assistance from another club member if necessary.
- All anglers must ensure that they relock locked gates behind them.
- Cars must only be parked in designated areas.
- Anyone with a minor in attendance, (under ten years old), is responsible for the behaviour and safety of that child.
- All Brown Trout must be returned to the water unharmed.
- No fishing on the dam or between the dam and the two inlets to the south of each end of the dam on days when the reservoir has been stocked.
- Anglers must stop fishing once they have caught 25 fish, i.e. brought to the side, whether hook slipped in the water or on the bank.
- One rod only to be in use at any time.
- Dogs are not allowed within the perimeter of the Reservoir.
Anyone failing to observe the club rules risks expulsion from the club.
Use our map to help locate us easily: